Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common condition that affects the digestive system.
It can be a debilitating condition which causes symptoms like stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. These symptoms tend to come and go over time, and can last for days, weeks or even months at a time.
What causes IBS?
It’s still not clear why some people develop IBS and others don’t. But it’s thought that IBS may be caused by a combination of:
- Inflammation of your bowel, for example after an infection, such as gastroenteritis
- Your genes – you may inherit IBS
- An imbalance in the bacteria in your gut
IBS & Gut Health
Research shows (1) that microbiome imbalances in your gut can trigger or exacerbate IBS. When your gut is in great health the good bacteria in the gut play an important function in your wellbeing:
- Protecting against infection
- Helping the immune system of the gut to develop
- Producing a variety of substances that have an important nutritional value
But when it is imbalanced, disease may take hold...including IBS.
Tips to help relieve IBS
- Start a low fod map diet - The low-FODMAP diet is meant to be an elimination diet, not necessarily a long-term diet. If IBS symptoms subside while on this diet, you can slowly reintroduce foods, determine which foods you can tolerate and how much you can handle.
- Make lifestyle changes - Including daily relaxation techniques, regular exercise and possibly intermittent fasting
- Take gut healing supplements. Our Gut Repair Kit contains 3 unique formulas (Repair, Restore, Replenish), specifically designed to be used in conjunction with each other.
The Gut Repair Kit can help Reduce inflammation, soothe and calm gut lining, strengthen intestinal wall, support healing of damaged gut lining (leaky gut), restore gut microbiome, boost growth of beneficial gut bacteria, Increase nutritional absorption and relieve bloating.